Thursday, July 17, 2014

My DIY Feather Mobile (Etsy Inspired)

 

Hello fellow DIYers!
  When I was in full force nesting mode, I fell in love with a feather mobile I found on etsy by KelseysFeathers. Since, I love trying to recreate things myself, & customize it to match my son's mint/arrow themed nursery. Wish I had thought of taking step by step photos, never thought I'd start a blog. But, I can certainly list & show where I got all of my materials. I will attempt to write directions, but be forewarned I simply stink at explaining. (soon)

--------

Tools I used:
-flat nose pliers
-round nose pliers
-side cutters (jewelry pliers set)
-hot glue gun

Materials I used:
8' Grapevine Wreath (purchased from JoAnn's Fabric + Craft Store)
- Feathers of your choice (I used about 4/5 feathers per strand; purchased these  these)
- Ribbon
- Beads (enough for each strand; I used these)
Waxed thread
Copper Wire
Cup Hook (for hanging mobile from the ceiling)

Directions: (STILL IN PROGRESS)

No comments:

Post a Comment